Visit San Quirico d’Orcia a small town in the province of Siena, counts about 2670 inhabitants.
The history of San Quirico d’Orcia
In the Middle Ages the town acquires importance being on the major pilgrim route of Via Francigena.
To increase its importance contributed the fact that San Quirico was the only collection point of the Umbria-Marches markets headed to Siena and Florence.
Places of interest
- Collegiate Church of Saints Quirico and Giulietta
- The Church of St. Mary of the Assumption
- Oratory of Mercy
- The Church of Our Lady Vitaleta
- The hospital of St. Mary of the Scale, dating from the XIII century
- Palace Chigi Zondadari
- Praetorian Palace
- The remains of the City Walls
- ”Leonini” Gardens, which arose around 1581
Find out Where to stay in San Quirico d’Orcia